Suspension of publication

It is possible to exempt your dissertation temporarily from the requirement to make academic qualifying theses publically available. Please be aware of the difference between a (temporary) suspension of both print and electronic versions and a (permanent) non-publication of the electronic version.

You can find more detailed information here.

The form  Blockage of the doctoral thesis must be filled out, signed by your supervisor, and submitted to the StudiesServiceCenter along with your dissertation (at the latest before evaluation of your dissertation).

The Studienpräsens (officer responsible for the implementation of study law) decides whether the application for non-publication is granted. Non-publication is justified when the legal or economic interests of the student(s) are endangered.